GERUNDS OR INFINITIVES
For each sentence, choose the best word or phrase to complete the gap from the choices below.
1. I really enjoy ________ in the sea.
C the swim
D to swim
2. _______ is bad for you – don’t do it.
B To smoke
C The smoke
3. I think ________ English is easier with a good teacher.
A the learning
B to learn
4. Do you have enough time ________ a drink with us tonight?
B the having
C to have
5. I loved my holiday in England, but I didn’t like ___________ I did over one thousand kilometres!
B for drive
C to drive
D the driving
6. _______ up early in the morning is not a problem for me.
B To get
7. Please don’t forget ______ some milk when you go out.
A to buy
C the buying
8. The film was great, except for __________, which was terrible!
B to act
C the acting
9. I came to Bristol __________ my English.
A for improving
C to improve
10. A friend asked me _______ him paint his house this week-end.
A to help
B for helping
11. I keep fit by _____ lots of sport at the week-end.
A to do
C the doing
12. What is the most difficult thing about ______ away from home?
C a live
D to live