Sport in our life. The Olympic Games
Т.Good morning boys and girls! I am very glad to see you. Sit down, please. Today our theme is «Sport in our life».Today we’ll work together. We’ll read, write, speak English and play games. Let’s start our lesson and greet each other.
- Nice to meet you.
- Nice to meet you.
- Nice to meet you. I am so glad to meet you.
- Thank you. I am glad to meet you.
- II. Фонетическая зарядка. Беседа о погоде весной.
- What season is it now? What are spring months? What is the weather like in spring?
Do you like spring? Who remembers the poem about spring?
- Spring – the season of delight!
Apple blossoms – pink and white!
Welcome, spring, with all your joys,
For merry girls and merry boys.
- That’s very nice. Let’s repeat it all together.
III.Работа с лексикой.
- Yes, you are right. Spring is the season of delight! In spring we want to be in the
open air, we want to run, to jump, to do physical exercises, to go in for sport.
Look at my pictures, please. What kind of sport is it?
- It’s tennis. ( skiing, football, running ).
Опровержение ложных утверждений учителя.
- T. I think, it’s boxing. Am I right?
- Yes, you are right. I agree with you. I am sure. It’s boxing.
- I think, it’s figure- skating. Am I right?
- No, you are wrong. I don’t agree with you. It’s ski-jumping.
IV.Игра «Снежный ком»
Now, let’s play «Lexical Game».
- I like skating. And what about you, Ann?
P1. I like skating and skiing.
P2. I like skating, skiing and boxing.
P3. I like skating, skiing, boxing and tennis.
P4. I like skating, skiing, boxing ,tennis and horseracing.
V.Развитие навыков коммуникативного общения.
- Well. And now imagine that a reporter came to you and he wants to interview you
about attitude to sports. Who will be the reporter? Let’s start, please.
- Do you like sport?
What kinds of sport do you like best?
What sport do you go in for?
Do you know the famous Ukrainian sportsmen?
Сan you skate or ski?
Are you a football fan?
Is sport popular in Ukraine?
Ответы после каждого вопроса.
- VI. Физминутка. Now, children, let’s have a rest and make some exercises.
|Stand up, stand still.
Hands on your hips!
Hands on your knees!
Clap them behind you.
If you please!
Touch your shoulders!
Touch your nose!
Touch your ears!
Touch your toes!
Ученики выполняют команды.
- VI. Развитие навыков чтения.
Now, children, let’s read our text «Sport in our life».
Open your books at page 94.
1.Ученики читают текст по цепочке.
- Вопросы по тексту.
Why do people go in for sport?
What are the most popular winter sports?
What are the most popular summer sports?
What games do children like to play?
- Закончить предложения.
- Complete the sentences according to the text.
|T. People all over the world are….
Sport and physical exercises…..
Athletics, aerobics. Gymnastics….
Everyone must do all he or she…..
VII.Игра «Разломанное предложение»
T. And, now, pupils, make up the sentences.
You must put the words in the right order.
Do, like. Swim, to, you?
Five, for, The, days, lasted, competitions.
Is, your, of, What, kind, sport, favourite?
VIII. Развитие навыков аудирования.
Children, listen to my story about the Olympic Games and be ready to answer my questions.
The Olympic Games.
The Olympic Games have a very long history. They began more than two thousand years ago in Greece. The Greeks were very fond of music, plays and all kinds of physical exercises. The famous Games at Olympia took place every four years. All the cities in Greece sent their best athletes to take part in them. The strongest athletes competed in running, jumping, wrestling, throwing the discus and boxing. There were also chariot races. The Games were very popular, and thousands of Greek came to watch them. It was a tradition to stop wars for the time of the Olympic Games, and people lived in peace.
The competitions lasted for five days. The winners in each kind of sport got an olive wreath which was the highest honour. When the champions came back home, the people greeted them with flowers. The people often put statues of their champions in the city squares, because they brought glory to their native city.
Ответы на вопросы.
When and where did the Olympic Games begin?
What kinds of sport were popular in ancient Greece?
How many days did the competitions last?
How did the Greek honour the champions?
IX.Защита проектных работ. Работа в группах.
(во время изучения темы «Спорт» ученики готовили проектные работы о важности спорта для здоровья людей, об олимпийских играх древности и современности, о лучших спортсменах Украины.)
- X. Работа над пословицами.
Игра «Let’s play proverbs»
Учитель дает игрушку ученику и называет пословицу. Ученик, который получил предмет должен быстро назвать пословицу и передать другому ученику.
- At the end of the lesson let’s play «The Lexical Game».Make up the words.
(skiing, swimming, jumping, boxing).
XII. Итоги урока. Оценки.
Let’s sum up our work. All of you have worked hardly today.
Pupils, I see you know the sports well. Your marks are…
That’s all for today. Good-bye.